Program Submission Info
Video File Format for TCMedia playback
TCMedia's HD playback system will accept H.264 (.mp4, .mov) files for distribution. See the settings below before you compress your video.
Aspect Ratio: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 59.94 fps
Audio Codec: PCM
Audio Sample Rate: 48Khz
A Programming Contract is required.
Click HERE to fill it out on-line at no cost You will be asked for a digital signature via Docusign and be redirected to the video upload page where you can submit programming if you are ready to do so.
Download and print the TCMedia Programming Contract (100KB PDF)
- The TCTV Channels are noncommercial channels. Programming may not promote or endorse a business, service or product.
- In accordance with our service contracts with the City of Olympia, City of Lacey and Thurston County, TCMedia is required to preview any program to determine the appropriate time to schedule it if it contains:
A. Obscene programming is not allowed on the TCMedia channel(s). Further, local and state laws prohibit the display of "erotic materials." Does the program you are submitting contain any obscene or erotic material per the definitions below?
The United States Supreme Court in 1974 under Miller vs. California, 413 US 15, 24 defines obscenity as: A work, which taken as a whole
(1) appeals to the prurient interest,
(2) depicts or describes sexual conduct in a patently offensive way and
(3) lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value. To be considered obscene all three criteria must be met. Prurient is defined as: Marked by, arousing, or appealing to unusual sexual desire. Patently is described as: Readily visible or intelligible: obvious.
Olympia City ordinance section 9.24.100 defines erotic material as:
Motion pictures, photographs, pictures, printed material and other such objects depicting: human sexual intercourse; direct physical stimulation of uncovered genitals; flagellation or torture in the context of sexual relationships; or an emphasized depiction of bare adult genitals; provided, however, that this definition applies only to those works which, applying the average standards of the city, taken as a whole appeal to the prurient interest of persons and which lack serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value.
B. Programming that is indecent, as defined by the Federal Communications Commission will be scheduled between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
C. Programming unsuitable for children will be scheduled between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.